First off, I’d like to thank The Noisy Songbird for nominating me for this post, and for having some pretty cool posts of her own.
Now, on to this thing that I’ve been nominated in. First up, the synopsis of what it is.
“The Liebster Award is a chain award created by bloggers and passed on from one blogger to another to encourage connections. It is a wonderful, fun way to interact and make friends in the blogging community.
These are the rules –
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.”
I’ve totally got #1 handled. And I’m about to tackle #2. I’m not good about nominating others to do this, so #3 and #5 are going to be tricky… my way of squaring this, in my own mind? If you want to answer the questions yourself, by all means, go right ahead. I’m also terrible about doing these kinds of things on other forms of social media, so it isn’t just a blogging thing. I’ll even give you entirely new questions to satisfy #4, for any that are tickled by this. Anyway, here goes!
Karyn’s Questions and My Answers –
- Why do you write?
I largely use my blog as a way to tap into my creative expression. It’s a chance to work on my writing skills, and to get the thoughts in my head out for others to see. Also, I have crazy aspirations of doing some sort of comedy at some point, and I like the challenge of doing long-form comedy, instead of the quick hits of Twitter.
- What would you be doing right now if your blog didn’t exist?
Without the blog, I might actually be forcing myself to write fiction or something. I’ve always had bursts of creative energy where I’ve just had to write, and trying to keep to a semi-regular schedule actually focuses my brain to a task. That said, I have enough random distractions that being able to break things up into bite-size chunks is better for me to get through right now.
- Would you rather time travel to the past or future, and why?
The future. Not to necessarily see what happens to me personally, but because the past has already happened, and we’ve clearly shown a desire to not learn from it.
- Do your family and friends support your blog?
Yes, they do. In fact, I often find that someone I didn’t think read me actually did, and I’m floored.
- When was the last time you laughed so hard it made you cough?
The last time? Probably the first time I heard my daughter try to say “frog”. Toddlers swearing is hysterical.
- During an average day, do you smile or frown more?
I’ll be honest that the answer totally used to be frown, but now that I’ve kind of figured out what I want to do, it’s definitely smiling.
- What inspires you most?
Seeing the incredible creativity of others. Whether it’s watching a comedian test out new jokes, hearing a musician play, or seeing my daughter problem solve, other people’s creativity makes me want to be more creative myself.
- Has a movie ever made you cry? If yes, what movie?
Oh definitely yes. The silliest one to do so was Pitch Perfect. It’s far from the only one.
- Do you collect anything? If so, what?
I used to. Now I just seem to acquire random things that can’t really be pieced into a collection.
- Who is the most important person in your life?
Totally a tie between my wife and my daughter. I would do anything for either of those ladies.
My Nominations are –
Again, see above about how I’m terrible about actually nominating people for these things. If you want to jump in, go ahead and jump in!
10 questions to my Nominees –
- What prompts you to write?
- What is your favorite genre?
- Do you follow any sort of a set schedule, or are you free-form?
- Do you ever experiment with different “voices” in your writing?
- How did you arrive at your blog’s name?
- Red or white pasta sauce?
- What is the bravest thing you’ve done?
- What makes you laugh?
- What makes you cry?
- Do you feel that your writing could change people’s lives?
So there you go. Enjoy my answers, and, if you choose to jump in, by all means enjoy writing your own!